In the spring of 2008, the Davidson Farmer’s Market first raised its tents and effectively altered many of the ways we view, buy and consume our food. Since then, the producer-only Market has been focused on its mission to provide local farmers a place to sell their products directly to the consumer, while supplying our citizens with healthy, fresh and locally-grown food, and educating people about how to live a more sustainable lifestyle.
The Market features over 40 vendors representing over 1100 acres in surrounding counties. The wide variety of offerings include: certified organic and naturally and conventionally grown fruits and vegetables, grass-fed beef, pastured pork, eggs from free-range chickens, N.C. seafood, fresh baked goods, confections, homemade pasta and sauces, cheeses, honey, herbs, fresh flowers and more. Chef and cooking demonstrations, seasonal produce events, along with music and educational activities, continue to make the DFM one of the area’s most popular Saturday morning destinations.
As a limited number of sponsor opportunities are available, please let us know as soon as possible of your interest, or if you have any questions. We welcome you to join our Market family.
Your Sponsorship Helps…
As a local business with a reputation for community support, your company can benefit through its affiliation with the DFM by becoming a sponsor through a tax-deductible investment. Your sponsorship positions you as a conscientious, community leader to Davidson and Lake Norman residents and the 1000 weekly market visitors, and also helps the Market to:
- Provide family-friendly, fun events at the Market for all ages including the Annual Salsa Showdown, the Annual Chef’s Challenge, the Annual Seed Spitting Contest, Breakfast of Champions, Strawberry Shortcake Day, Growing Kids Club, Chef Demos, Preservation Workshops, Davidson Lands Conservancy’s World of Wonder activities and much more.
- Pay a part-time Market Manager, Abby Wyatt, who, with a strong DFM Board, provides year-round continuity with leadership, vision and community interaction.
- Help farmers make a living while staying on their farms as they serve as good stewards of the environment.
- Allow the DFM to reach more people through the EBT/SNAP Payment Program and community outreach.
- Provide food for distribution to community churches and food banks by generous donations from DFM farmers.