- American Farmland Trust: Save the Land that Sustains Us.
- Homegrown Handmade: Travel new trails to find fresh goat cheese and scuppernong wine, artists’ studios and sidewalk cafés.
- Join the 10% Campaign
- North Carolina Cooperative Extension: County info on local good, agriculture, food safety, gardening, composting, health and nutrition.
- North Carolina Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
- North Carolina Farm Fresh
- North Carolina Farm Stewards: Organization of more than 900 farmers, processors, gardeners, businesses and individuals in North and South Carolina.
- Why Buy Local? Find farmers’ markets, family farms, and other sources of sustainably grown food in your area.
What are the benefits of eating foods in season?
When you eat ‘in season’ you are putting the most fresh; most flavorful; and most nutritious foods into your body. So while you are taking good care of yourself, you also are helping to support local agriculture and preserve regional farmland. Listed below are downloadable resources to help you find ‘in season’ goods.