The Market’s EBT/SNAP program is up-and-running! (formerly known as the food stamp program).
It’s easy! If you are an EBT card holder you may use your card at the Market to buy local, fresh produce. Here’s what you do:
- Simply come to the Market tent during operating hours. You’ll recognize the Market tent because you’ll see our Market banners, signs, volunteers, t-shirts, handouts and more. It’s like our information station. Friendly, smiling faces will greet you.
- We work on a token system, so for example, you may purchase $25 in tokens, which we will charge to your card. In return, we will give you 25 – $1 tokens that you may use at all of the food (SNAP eligible) vendor tents. You don’t get change back with your tokens, but most vendors will round down to the nearest dollar.
- You don’t have to use all of your tokens on the same day your purchase them. You may save them and come back another Saturday.
- You may buy more tokens if you need more! Multiple transactions may be made in one day.
- We are here to help you. So if you are a new customer and need a tour of the Market, we will gladly do this. Or we can provide you with a Market map and point you in the direction. It’s up to you!
If you any questions at all, contact the Market Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org