The Davidson Farmer’s Market welcomes our four-legged friends, but must ensure the safety of our shoppers and vendors. We understand that dogs can get excited, both by new friends at the Market and by the food all around them.
- All dogs must be kept on a leash of no longer than four feet (please lock retractable leashes at four feet or less).
- Please be considerate of children, some of whom are smaller than some dogs, and elderly patrons, that can easily trip over a dog or dog leash, resulting in serious injury. Also be mindful that some folks simply aren’t comfortable around dogs.
- All dogs must be under the control of an adult at all times. Aggressive dogs will be asked to leave the Market.
- One adult should control no more than one dog, unless both dogs are small enough to be carried by that adult at the same time.
- If you plan to do a lot of shopping, bring a friend to lend a hand.
- Please ensure your dog doesn’t touch any food or surfaces where food is on display or being served.
- Don’t let your dog relieve itself within 50 feet of the Market.
- Do not leave your dog unattended.
- Of course, please clean up after your pet.
As a reminder, all dogs living with residents of the Town of Davidson must:
- Be registered with the Town of Davidson.
- Keep all shots up to date.
The staff and volunteers of the Davidson Farmer’s Market are there to ensure the Market is successful for everyone. If they feel a dog is endangering the safety or the hygiene of the Market, they may ask the owner to remove the dog from the Market.
Please respect all Market-goers and vendors as you enjoy the Market with your furry friend.